Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Beggar's Answer to Croque Monsiuer

Everytime I visit Pat Val, I'm always so tempted to have their Croque Monsieur.... But it's TOO large a sandwich for me to finish and so payin 5quid for half a sandwich just never seemed worth it.

Which explains this beggar's answer to the Croque Monsieur.

I don't think I need to say much 'coz the pictures themselves will speak a thousand words....

Mmmmm.


Look at the cheese! Mmmm.

For my version, I used mild mozzarella slices instead of emmenthal or gruyère cheese (a much cheaper and healthier alternative I assure you) and replaced the ham slices between the bread with spinach (just coz I love spinach so! And am not a fan of... Well, meat).

Not usually one to praise my own cooking (since I hardly eat what I cook), but DAMN, this was GOOD.

So good, I suggest you try it too! xoxo.

No comments: