Friday, December 3, 2010

Dressmaking: 1st attempt!

Omg!

YESSS. I have a picture of the newest addition to the Noel-Callie family!

Drum roll + Red carpet PLEASEEEE~!

(can you feel the excitement?!)


B.E.H.O.L.D!


My sewing machine.

My new love!


I was SUPER bored during summer this year, I picked up dressmaking! I've been meaning to pick it up a few years' back but never really had the time. This sewing machine was bought in 2006/7? But I've only just begun using it. LOL! Noel helped me lug it from my mom's place in Singapore back to our home in HK.

It's currently in full display on my dining table, which serves more as a dressmaking work top than anything else (oh wait, my study desk when I need to do lotsa work!).

Haha! Lemme show you my 1st project - a shirt!


It didn't turn out the way I wanted it because the pattern that my dressmaking teacher helped me put together didn't give me the shape/effect I wanted. The basic shirt was made with the teacher, the ribbon, black fringe details etc, were added by me. Although it's a far cry from what I wanted to achieve, I think it's pretty good for a 1st attempt! I did this in under 10hours too! Super proud!!!

Not only have I learnt how to make a shirt pattern, but I've also learnt how to put them together, stitch button holes with the sewing machine, make/attach ruffles to a mandarin collar, make bishop sleeves (not billowy enough for this one, but I'll improve on it!) etc!

Watch this space! Coz I'll be adjusting & improving on this 1st attempt pretty soon, and I will be churning out more of my own designs soon!!! - I'm so bored with street fashion!

This was project #1. I've made a navy blue pencil skirt and a red dress which are currently stashed in HK. Will upload pics once I get home!

No comments: