Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A break in the midst of mayhem

I'm in the process of editting my last 2 assignments of the term and once I'm done with these, I need to briefly construct some answers for my tort tutorial tomorrow, then get started on my note cards.

I'll be away for the entire duration of the holidays and as it will be humanly impossible to carry my texts with me, I need note cards. In any case, this is just short note to say that I'm moving from livejournal to this blog. So not only will this blog consist of my foodie entries, it will chronicle the various states of mind that I find myself in from time to time.

Yaay!

So come HERE! Hahaha! I would love to have your company.

Like today. I freaked out. I freaked out over the collection of assignments - 2 essays to be precise. Why did I freak out you wonder? Especially since they do not count towards my grade? Well, simply put, I fear the possible knowledge that I'm just not good enough for law school. I worry. I panic. I fear.

A great deal.

Law school means so much to me and to all those who know me, it's a dream. But will it be a dream come true? I've no courage to face up to it. Tomorrow, unfortunately, I will have to face my demons and go pick up the essays.... Much to my dismay. I just don't want to know that I am a failure. Things have been tough in my life and I just hope that law school will give me my much deserved break.

On a lighter note, I trudged down to a lil' pub/restaurant called "The Hill" located along Cotham Hill Road for Auguste's and Aik's 'farewell' lunch. It's 'farewell' coz they're on exchange from Singapore and they are only here for this term. They'll be heading back after Christmas.

In the spirit of Bristolian food, what else could we possibly have ordered in a pub/restaurant except pizza?

The Americana. A baby pizza - 6-inches in diameter.

The weirdest thing is how the pizza cost less compared to a sandwich or a salad (the priciest of the lot).

This was not very good, but hey, for 4 quid? I'm willing to let it drop.

And so the same can be said of the asian cuisine I had with Jesse a week back before she left for the US. She's always wanted to try this particular noodle shop (noodles being her fav) and so we popped in for...

My vegetable ramen. Not very delicious I'm afraid. I hate starchy soup bases so this was probably why.

Jesse's spicy vegetable ramen, on the other hand, was much better.

But this mushroom satay was just gawd awful.

The dessert we had the night before the average asian lunch was however, pretty darn good. Or maybe it was pretty darn good simply coz we were both high on alcohol.

I wasn't exaggerating, was I? ;)

Seeing as how there're not late night cafes in UK, we popped into a Lebanese restaurant and ordered....

Kanafe - Lebanese dessert comprising of fried sugared vermicilli atop a goo-y cheese base. Too sweet but interesting nonetheless.

Chocolate ice cream - for me. Just coz UK is stupid in not having Mac's hot fudge sundae ANYWHERE. So this was the next best thing.

Winter's fast approaching and my finger have been freezing. So while I was in Oxford, I bought the khaki coloured pair of mittens... The same as the blue ones Jesse had previously gotten from the Covered Market.


Thank goodness for these. The sub-zero temperatures are not kind to exposed skin!!!

No comments: