Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dinners out in Bristol

Last week was a hectic week. But it was also a week of good food. Mmmm....

The first official dinner I got to enjoy in Bristol took place in some restaurant, name of which I've forgotten, and though I didn't really enjoy the mediocre food, I thought the presentation was pretty nice. So anyway, let's begin with the starters.

I opted for the artichokes.


Though they were pretty tasty, I wish I had gotten the goat's cheese instead.

Don't you think it looks sooo much better? I'm sure it tasted better too.

Since sea bass was on the menu for main course, it was inevitable that I would pick that dish. I simply adore sea bass. It reminds me of home... I used to have one full sea bass to myself a day... Haha. With my mom's home-made belachan. Yum yum.

But this dish, sadly, did not come with belachan and the fish was not fresh AT ALL.

It was an utter let down.

And then came dessert. It's supposedly a brownie... Though it did not and still does not resemble a brownie at all!

Reminds me of fruit cake rather than brownie... It tasted like fruit cake too.

So anyway, after that rather boring and dismal dinner, the next one I had was at Zizzi's...

What an improvement!

Just check these gorgeous darlings out!

The Sophia

The Sophia. What a gorgeous name for the pizza! Spicy chicken breast, with chilli, spicy sausages and cheese on a tomato sauce base!!! How yummy is this? The pizza slices were really thin too. Heaven. Just heaven. I can't wait to try the other pizzas available. Though I will need a partner for that. Pizzas are HUGE! But I finished this one (minus the crust).... Was too hungry.

And then came.... APPLE CRUMBLE.



So good.

But too much crumble. Would've liked it better if it had more fruit. I ended up eating the apples instead of the crumbs.

See? Apple. Yummy...

Hahahhaah.

Zizzi's... Anyone care for another round?

5 comments:

Slkrz said...

That is one beautiful pizza... ~sigh~.. Now I'm hungry.. lol... Wonder if I can survive the trip in the airplane cargo hold... Hahaha...

Unknown said...

Hahhahaha. I Know right? It's amazingly delicious too!

That's why you should come up here! Then we can pig out!

Slkrz said...

Earliest I can predict is next Sept or something.. lol... Hope the food will still be there.. haha...

Anonymous said...

hohoho~ looks so good.. all that dessert.. XD

Unknown said...

Chris: Lol. It will be! Zizzi's is EVERYWHERE!

I shall take you there~~

Ka: Yeah. SInful. Don't you think I've gained weight?? :S