Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fish n' Chips

I have had a MASSIVE craving for the good ol' English fish n' chips for about a week now. And the craving has been so infectious, I managed to infuse the same desire for fish n' chips in most of my flatmates!

We planned and arranged for tonight where we were going to drive out, grab some good Fish n' Chips, 'coz as Suyin says, if yo want to have Fish n' Chips, you'd better get good ones and not some oil fest). I am in absolute agreement.

Russ drove us out to Clifton Down where we popped into this shop aptly titled "Fish Bar".


Well now, I thought, that is a positive sign! I mean, FISH n' CHIPS. Seriously? Could a fish-n-chips-starved girl ask for more?

NO!

So in we went.


I could hardly wait! The sight and smell of all that yucky/yummy oil-infused fish and potatoes were too good to be true.

I felt like a kid in a candy store.

And indeed I was! No folks, this was all MINE! MINE! You hear? Hands off fellas!

Could I dig in then and there? Yes, I could've but NO! 'Coz I was supposed to have dinner with my flatmates! I'm sure I could wait.... Couldn't I? After all, withstanding instant gratification was the mark of a strong character (if my foggy Psychologist brain remembers right!).

And I'm a girl with a strong character! So I waited....

And waited....

And.

FINALLY!

Look at the size of my baby~~~~

Succulent fish in crisp oily batter.... Mmmmmm

So good.

*Burp*

Okay, now that I'm done with my Fish n' Chips, I can safely say that that was not the best Fish n' Chips I've tasted... But given the fact that I've finally laid my insane craving to rest, I am a very very satisfied girl.

Albeit too satisfied though... I might stay away from fried food in general for a long while to come.

No comments: