Sunday, February 21, 2010

人人生日

It was Day 7 of the Lunar New Year yesterday and I was hosting a dinner at my place for the 1st time ever. It also marked my 1st experience cooking a savoury meal for people in UK (I normally have salad).

The party comprised of Xicheng, Makiko and Jen. And boy, was it was GREAT dinner party. We had so much fun! And I had an amazing time cooking for them.

NB: Been DYING to cook for others and am incredibly happy to have been able to do so! :DDDD

So anyway, here's the menu for last night:-


Leeks w/ Crispy Luncheon Meat

Think I should've cooked more leeks. :S


Sweet Chilli Prawns w/Bell Peppers

Raw tiger prawns were on offer at Sainsbury's! Was incredibly lucky!


Traditional Fried Egg

Mmmm. This was a HUGE egg! And I managed to keep it whole too! Woot!



And I made a LARGE pot of chicken rice rice (yes, the traditional hainan chicken rice rice) =) No picture though! Sorry!

Oooooooooooooo. And the highlight for the evening.... Makiko-san's incredibly delicious berry jellies!

Piece of art.

Look at that! It's just soooo pretty! The best part: not only did they look AMAZING but it tasted AMAZING. Mmmm.

Hontou ni arigatou gozaimashita ne, Makiko-san!


I had such a great time. =D Let'do it again!

No comments: