Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sugar n' Spice

Here's a fun fact: this cookie was inpired by my professor.

Another fun fact: Inspired while doing tutorial homework.

Am I not the most geekish person ever?


Anyway, it's 12:30am and I've just had my dinner.... My digestive tract has been acting up of late and I've been rather ill so dinner was the 2nd meal for today.... *sigh* I need to get my appetite back on stable grounds. T_T

So a lil' something about this cookie. I opted for a harder, firmer cookie dough this time 'coz I wanted to try something new and thought it'd be pretty cool to have a crunchy and hard spiced cookie. The idea was to make coin-sized cookies (and therefore bite-sized cookies) that you can pop into your mouth and after biting down hard on it, the cookie will break into tiny pieces and release a mild but oldly addictive spiced aroma.

To add some originality to the cookie, I thought of rolling it in some sugar.... Just to see how it might turn out. And as you have probably guessed, I was pleasantly surprised. =)

With respect to how I envisioned the cookie, I thought I achieved my objective. To ensure that I wasn't going to breack any teeth (insert random geek-dom-ness - negligece in providing defective products) before I distributed them out, I tried 2, just to make sure they weren't too hard...

Unfortunately, I think it might still have been too hard for some.... ^^' Reviews weren't too good on these this time around... Probably coz it was an unexpected cookie; can't blame them since I didn't warn them about the hardness of the cookie! Hahah! My bad!

Thank gawd no teeth were harmed in the process.

Anyway, onto the shots....

Waiting patiently (or impatiently) for the hot breath of the oven.


Voilá!


Was inspired by Alice and Wonderland.


Mmmmm.

One of the things I adored about taking these out from the oven is how sparkly they were. They resembled jewelled amber dew drops. Sparkly and pretty, like a gem stone.

I really loved this cookie.

No comments: