Friday, February 19, 2010

The Pink Box

It's 10.37am.

I have an Advanced Contract and Tort lecture at 12pm and am crying rather ungracefully over a Fed Ex parcel I had just signed for.

It was from Noel.

There was a sweet baby pink jewellery box inside the parcel with 2 cards accompanying it - the certificate of authencity and a handwritten love note.

I love the packaging. Especially the little silver bell on the black band.

Better than Tiffany's.

(And yes, that is Dixon for Land Law in the background. Now you know what I was doing before I started weeping)

Speaking of Tiffany's... I'm not a big fan of it just 'coz I think it's too commercial now and some of the designs just aren't that pretty....

Trust Noel to know me so well.

I can't remember what I was thinking then but I do know that my hands were trembling as I gingerly peeled the black elastic off the lid and open the box....

It's just too pretty.

The packaging is just too cute. I love the teddy bear.

Still experiencing a rather surreal out-of-body moment, I unwrapped the pink paper to reveal a really really gorgeous choker.

You can't tell from the picture, but it has diamonds on it too...

At this stage, I think I had officially burst into tears. The choker is perfect. It suits me, complements my character and is EXACTLY what I would've picked out for me. My boyfriend knows me too well.... And that is a great thing indeed.

Noel knows that spring ball is round the corner and that I was planning to attend. So in his card, I discovered that not only did he buy me a gown for the ball (which is in the Fed Ex box as we speak), but he purchased the choker to match the gown.

This is where I dissolved into hiccupping sobs. Haha. I don't cry pretty.

The certificate is dated 7 February 2010... a week before our anniversary and a week before my cookies arrived in HK. I remember speaking to him on the 11th and he apologised for not having gotten me anything.

Well, now we know he did.

And this is a wonderful surprise.

Touched beyond words.

Moved to tears.

And feeling very very very lucky, cherished and loved.

Today is a perfect day.

No comments: