Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dancing Pigeons + Obscene Dim Sum

I just got back from a really horrible dance rehearsal....

Horrible 'coz my body felt as heavy as lead and as stiff as a wooden puppet whilst my brain swirled about languidly in the recesses of my skull like cotton candy. I wasn't registering anything and it took me twice as long to react than it normally would.

*sigh*

This is what too much worrying/stress/insufficient rest/illness does to you. It's happening to me and I think it sucks majorly.

The production is scheduled for 23rd August and at the moment, I feel like I'm deteriorating and I hate that feeling. *sigh* Just gotta work harder and rest more. Maybe it'd be a good idea to stop hitting the gym especially before dance practices. :S Knowing my gym-a-holic self, that'd be a pretty tough feat.

So today's practice was sh*t. And I'm feeling sh*t. Hopefully, I'll redeem myself tomorrow. I gotta. This ain't me and I know it.

On a happier note, Noel and I finally met with some interior designers for our new apartment and we're exhausted from running around HK but incredibly excited to see the preliminary sketches! We still have 2 more designers lined up but we're already frothing with merriment.

Plus! I had my caramel popcorn fix at G.I. Joe today. I love having dates with Noel. It's always so much fun. The movie deserved a 3/5 (5 being the best) in my opinion.... Simply because certain parts of the movie just seemed.... Too easy/simplistic. Watch it and you'll know what I mean. The action was good though! And I was amused to find the actor from Step Up 1 playing the lead protagonist in G.I. Joe. Worth a watch but not worth a 2 thumbs up.

Speaking of dates with Noel... Owing to certain hiccups we've been having in our relationship, I've thoroughly exhausted my poor boy and so I went all out to make him the most fabulous dinner, with dessert, a stroll and a back massage later that night. Throw in a manicure/Pedicure and facial treatment and I think our home was a spa.

Dinner was roasted pigeon with swiss mushrooms and seared scallops on the side.

It was yummy! One tiny bird for Noel & one for me too!

We were so stuffed from dinner that we had problems enjoying our dim sum breakfast this morning with some of Noel's friends.

The interesting dish was the Lo Mai Kai (glutinous rice)... Instead of the usual steamed-in-lotus-leaves setting, this Lo Mai Kai was actually fried and crispy.

Delicious!

I believe our table ordered an obscene number of just that dish! In fact, I'd dare say that we ordered an obscene amount of food --- enough to feed the hungry in Africa for a week maybe (okay, I exaggerate, so shoot me).

P.S. This was at the beginning stages of brunch. We tripled/quadrupled this number of dishes towards the end. We had to send some back!

Alright, that's it for now. Just wanted to rant about my slacking off at dance. Will work HARDER! 2 weeks to production! GARGH!

Chat soon!

Loves.

C.

No comments: