Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peach Crumb Cake

I can't believe it.

My 2-month old toaster oven is, literally, TOAST @.@ Don't ask me how I managed to fry the poor fella.... I'm still losing sleep over it. I killed my oven!!!!

As dramatic as it sounds, this is a HUGE problem for me - that toaster oven was my everything! It roasts, toasts, cooks, bakes and goes DING!!!! =(

Now that the oven is dead, I guess Noel won't be having any roast meat or toast or baked pasta or lasagna or confectioneries any time soon.... *Big Sigh*

Anyway! Was over at Cynthia's place a week ago and baked a peach crumb cake and a lemon cake (forgot to take pictures of my lemon cake but it was well received too!).

Noel and I had the 1st half of the peach crumb cake for breakfast one day and the other half for a quick snack before my 5 hour dance practice.

Here're some shots of my really yummy peach crumb cake!

Wholesome goodness!

Innards shot!

Up close & personal with the cake's tender parts. Mmmmm

The crumble was nice and cinnamon-y and crisp (despite having sat in the fridge overnight) and wasn't overly sweet too (hooray for good estimating an not following recipes!)! The sponge cake base was also really fragrant and soft - almost like that of a chiffon cake! The only improvement to note for the next crumb cake I attempt is that I should be less conservative with the volume of fruits next time. All in all however, the crumb cake was, much to my own surprise, really really good.

This might come as a surprise to some of you who know how massively into cooking/baking I am but this was probably the 3rd or 4th time I've actually had my own baking.... I mean, I eat my own cooking all the time but baking is a TOTALLY different matter.... It's really really strange coz I derive more pleasure from seeing others eat it than actually chowing down on it myself.

I am SO weird.

Oh oh oh!!!! And check this out! I've been quite down lately and guess what Noel brought back one day?

It's gorgeous and a really happy looking bouquet.


As you can tell, I am very very happy. XDDDDDDDDDD

No comments: