Sunday, August 2, 2009

the 1st update in donkey years

I've been negelecting my blog.

So today, I've decided to utilise the most of my weary bones and extra time to pump some life into my dormant blog.

First off, quick run down of the main 'highlights' of my life - finished year 1 of law school (exams were nightmarish); learnt golf from Dad; am living happily with Noel in HK; zipped off to Langkawi for a friend's wedding; finally set foot in Singapore after a good year and a half and had a blast of a good time meeting up old friends.

Loving the new me.

On a side note, stress piled on as I was heading into the first week of exams and so, as usual, I diluted the pressure by working my muscles into dough, butter and flour.

Here was my first ever attempt at making bread - Cinnamon rolls!



Food tasting. =) I miss you Kyle! I don't get to bake for you no more!

My verdict: I was a tad too conservative with the sugar so the bread came out a bit flat and tasteless. That said, I felt the bread wasn't as elastic/springy and airy as I would've liked it to be. I suppose it was because I hadn't let it proof for long enough.

Shall attempt it again once I get an oven!

My 2nd bake-fest came when I was soooooo stressed with studying contract law, I threw whatever I had into a bowl and kneaded like MAD.

Poof! Coffee scones.

These were YUM.

That's it for now!

Hope I'll be more conscientious in updating! Till next time!

Peace out!



C.
xoxox

No comments: