Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bombay Dreams

Bombay Dreams....

Sounds like the title of some let's-all-dance-round-the-papaya-tree Bollywood flick.

But no, as much as I wish it to be, I am sadly quoting the name of the restaurant where I had dinner last night.

Bombay Dreams indeed.... Hahha. (Ok, I need to stop. I'm cackling too maniacally for my own health... And maybe yours too)

Some people!

Anyway, seeing as how mad school has been and everything, Lisa, Ashley and myself agreed that we ought to hang out at least once outside of school.... Basically, prior to last night, our friendship revolved around seeing each other in lectures and having a quick cuppa coffee every Thursday (it's tradition! And one that I absolutely enjoy).

So last night, we went out for dinner @ Bombay Dreams. It's located on Alma Road, just round the corner from where Ashley stays.

That's all of us right there! From left: Lisa, Ashley, Me!

We LOVE Indian cuisine and were ravenous by the time we walked through the door.

We first ordered a stash of papadums (which came with sauces/dips) to quell the incessant grumblings of our tummies.

NB: No picture of papadums - I believe we all know how it looks like; so here's a shot of the dips/sauces (a much more interesting picture, I promise):-

See? Interesting. Yummy too.


As you can tell, there was a really good array of dips but out of all of them, my favourites are:-

1. The sugared coconut shreds

So sweet and flaky - a nice contrast to the dry texture of the papadum.


2. The chilli chutney

This reminds me a chilli jam... Except of a thicker consistency.


These 2 were sooo good.

Then came main course.

Both Ash and Lisa ordered Chicken Tikka Masala with a side of rice.



While I settled for Trout Masala with a side of naan (3/4 of which is still sitting in my fridge coz I was stuffed!)

Visually unpleasing I know. Lol!

Sadly, the taste and experience was equally unsatisfying. Firstly, I didn't expect a whole trout! Haha! I thought they were going to serve chunks of fish meat in Masala sauce.... Guess I was wrong huh? Second, the general taste of the masala was bland and boring. It lacked ZING!

The saving grace though, was that the fish was fresh and that always matters more than how the general taste is. As usual, I desecrated the poor trout and all that remained was its center bone and the tail.

And then we had dessert. Both Ash and Lisa had coconut ice-cream while I settled for Tartufino - a dark chocolate ice-cream delight.

You probably remember this from my Tenerife post. Same dessert. Same goodness.

Innards shot! Yum!

I elicited a cascade of chuckles from the neighbour table. *grin* I think people find it incredibly amusing whenever I take pictures of my food. I, in turn, find it amusing that they find something like this amusing. I mean, food IS meant to be appreciated no? Just as how memories are cherished and pictures are taken to preserve that memory &/or to share the memory with others, so too does this mentality extend to my catalogue of my memories of delicious food!

SO chuckle away people. Coz I'm chuckling right back at ya! ;) Hahha! And then we can laugh together and be merry.

Hehheheheheheh!

Anyway, we're probably going to make this a tradition... Now I wonder what cuisine we're going to try next!

I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omnomnomnomn~~ HURHUR XD