Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My love affair with gbk

The last of the snow is gone (hopefully) and whilst I have rejoicing being able to plant both feet firmly on the ground without slipping and not having to trek through ankle deep snow like this:-


Without snow boots! Or even waterproof ones! My feet tend to become soggy and cold ater 30mins. Horrible feelin.... But I do miss the wonderful sights that accompany a few days of heavy snow...

I just don't get these artists though... I mean, when it snows, it''s coz it's FREEZING. Now when it's freezing, I hide in warmth. I think it's only in the natural order of things... No?

But then again, if the world always subscribed itself to the supposed 'natural order of things', I wouldn't be able to enjoy seeing...


A sofa smack in the middle of a large field of snow.... I believe the lil' stump of snow at the foot of the sofa used to be a tele... Or so my flatmate tells me.

That would be (correction: IS) pretty darn cool.

I walked just a tad further and my eyes fell on this amazing ice sculpture of the 'Thinker'.

Note: Life-sized too.

It was crazy good. I remember standing there with my mouth agape until I heard dogs playing in the snow around me and started imagining what it'd be like if the dogs began to pee on the ice statue and I was there to watch it melt into a waste pool of pee and slush.

I need to start thinking less disturbing thoughts.... Haha. Or at least try to.

Problem is, I've a very quirky imagination so that will be a toughie.

Anyway! Enough about the snow! I was out buying costumes for FUZE with my dancers when we decided to have lunch together at gbk (aka. gormet kitchen burger). Now I heard from Raeza months ago that this was a good place to go for burgers and boy, was he right!

Burgers average abut GBP7-8 pounds (without chips! Gasp. NOOoooo)

Anyway, so the burger I had was the Chicken Avocaodo Bacon burger - without avocado (allergic) and mayonnaise (coz it's fatty). And look at this gorgeous beauty!



Yes, all the burgers are so huge that they don't come with chips... Because you're expected to not be able to finish the burger and still have room for food. That said and done though, Ada and I were craving fries too much to pass up on it and here they are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and it reminds me SOO much of home back in Hong Kong!! Your pics totally made my day....especially of the char siu bao. :P

Unknown said...

Hello luckytastebuds!

Thanks for commenting! I live in HK too! If there's one thing I miss more than anything is dim sum.

Oh char siew bao and egg tart. Mmmm

Hui Lau Shan too!

Anonymous said...

asjdkasdhas the sculptures are wow.. O_O the thinker one is crazy~~ w00t!