Monday, February 2, 2009

The Great Apple Crumble Bake!

I made apple crumble today.

I've been aching to bake for the longest time but coz Noel and I don't have an oven back home in Hong Kong, I haven't baked in about a year now...

But I've been blessed with an oven here in Bristol, albeit the oven is such an old thing that the dials on the knob have been worn out and so there's only one temperature you can switch it on to - the temperature (whatever it may be) when the red light turns on.

It's n old charming thing, but it still works.

And so I got my apples, cinnamon, crumble, lemon and sultanas and got my hands dirty in the kitchen for the first time in a long while...

The freshly cut apples sprinkled with some organic sultanas....


After I squeezed the juice of half a lemon and mixed it all up with a good amount of ground cinnamon....


My personal recipe for cinnamon crumble. Normally, you just use plain flour and butter. But I added sugar and ground cinnamon to this to make it complement the cinnamon apples.


And so off into the oven it goes!


About 20 minutes later (the oven was hotter than I thought)...........


The end result:-

Voila! My home-made apple crumble!


All the juicy, yummy goodness of apples and plump sultanas with a lemony zing and yummy cinnamon crumble. Yum yum yum.

I had a spoonful just to taste, while my new flatmate, Kyle, happily dug in and scooped up about half of the dish. *laughs* I take that as a compliment!

He had his with double cream and it looked good! But no cream for me though... Never liked cream, never will like cream. *shudder*

Seeing as I have some crumble left, I might bake another crumble the next time... I was thinking either peach or mixed berries....

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks so yum! *3*